- Rooftop Solar is as green as it gets. Every kilowatt hour of solar you generate replaces electricity that might otherwise come from burning coal or other fossil fuels.
- Install Delaware-made panels. You can choose to install Motech panels that are made right here in Delaware.
- Support local business. The Delaware Chapter of the Sierra Club is the only Chapter that engaged in its own proposal process to select a Delaware-based company for the Solar Homes Program. We are proud to announce our partnership with the Delaware-based company Flexera.
- Up front information. The Sierra Club has done much of the homework for you, offering solar homes workshops that explain everything that you would want or need to know with our trusted partner Flexera.
- Lease options make solar affordable. You can install solar without taking out a loan or putting money down on the panels. A long term lease contract can get you up and running right away.
- Reduce your overall energy consumption. Bundle your solar installation with a home energy audit, and make those solar kilowatt hours go even further.
- Make your own "peak" power. By generating energy when we need it most (during the peak hours of the day), solar electricity prevents the stress on our electric grid that causes blackouts or the use of natural gas peaking plants.
- Free Solar Presentation in Rehoboth! February 25th
- Leveraging Solar Projects for Community Transformation and Racial Justice, 4/24 at 4:45pm
- Free Solar Workshop in North Wilmington! 4/28 at 6:30pm
- Free Solar Workshop in Bear on 5/27 at 7pm
- Solar Homes June in Milton, DE: 6/30 at 6pm
- Sierra Club comments on SEU Strategic Plan
- Free Solar Workshop, October 20th at 7pm in Newark
- Free Solar Workshop, December 3rd in Delaware City
- Gol Solar with the Sierra Club!
Some of our projects:
Sept 2012: 6 kW in Smyrna
13 kW in Wilmington
2.45 kW in Wilmington
6.5 kW in Dover