Lots of Upcoming Opportunities for Involvement!
So many great opportunities to get involved! RSVP for these things and more by emailing Stephanie.
* Saturday & Sunday July 12-13, Eastern Mountain Sports Club Day - Volunteers are needed to hang out at our table (inside the cool Newark EMS store) and hand out flyers, information about the Sierra Club. You don't have to be at the table constantly if you want to check out the awesome outdoor gear at EMS. Sierra Club members and volunteers get 20% off their purchases on these 2 days!
* Saturday July 19th, Delaware City Day Tabling & Parade - Volunteers are needed to hang out at our table (in the shade of our canopy) and hand out flyers, information about the Sierra Club, coloring pages that go with our "We Love Delaware River Fish" theme. Folks are also needed to join us in the fun annual Delaware City Parade!
* Saturday July 23rd, BBC Guest Bartender Fundraiser from 6-9pm at Brandywine Brewing Co. in Greenville. All bar tips and/or 10% of your dinner bill go directly to our chapter!
* Saturday July 26th, Kent County Sierra Club Picnic -Kent County Sierrans will be having a picnic social. Get outside and enjoy food, friendship and the outdoors! Bring a side dish or drinks to share & $5 will cover the main dishes, soft drinks & other supplies. The address is 99 Aster Way Harrington, DE 19952. Call Ron to RSVP or ask questions at 302-735-8996.
* Saturday July 26th, People's Festival for Peace - Volunteers are needed to hang out at our table (in the shade of our canopy) and hand out flyers, information about the Sierra Club and get signatures on our petitions. First 3 volunteers will get FREE Admission to this great annual music festival!
* July 29th, EPA "Clean Power Plan" Hearing in Washington D.C. on historic new carbon limits on power plants. We're carpooling & organizing testimony from DE--let me know ASAP if you can come! (This requires a photo ID to enter EPA since it's a federal building and there is a new law about needing an ID to enter federal buildings)
* September 21st, People's Climate March - Join thousands of climate activists from around the country (and world) for a historic march in NYC to demand international action on climate change! The march takes place just before a meeting of UN leaders in NYC.
* October 5th, Coast Day in Lewes - Volunteers are needed to hang out at our table under the environmental tent at the annual Coast Day celebration and hand out flyers, information about the Sierra Club, coloring pages.