- Rooftop Solar is as green as it gets. Every kilowatt hour of solar you generate replaces electricity that might otherwise come from burning coal or other fossil fuels.
- Install Delaware-made panels. You can choose to install Motech panels that are made right here in Delaware.
- Support local business. The Delaware Chapter of the Sierra Club is the only Chapter that engaged in its own proposal process to select a Delaware-based company for the Solar Homes Program. We are proud to announce our partnership with the Delaware-based company Flexera.
- Up front information. The Sierra Club has done much of the homework for you, offering solar homes workshops that explain everything that you would want or need to know with our trusted partner Flexera.
- Lease options make solar affordable. You can install solar without taking out a loan or putting money down on the panels. A long term lease contract can get you up and running right away.
- Reduce your overall energy consumption. Bundle your solar installation with a home energy audit, and make those solar kilowatt hours go even further.
- Make your own "peak" power. By generating energy when we need it most (during the peak hours of the day), solar electricity prevents the stress on our electric grid that causes blackouts or the use of natural gas peaking plants.
- Flexera's Solar Panel Demo - in the rain!
- Solar Homes workshop, Lewes April 24, 2013
- Solar Homes May, 5/22 in Middletown
- Solar Homes June, 6/24 in Hockessin
- Solar Homes August in North Wilmington 8/28 at 6:30pm
- Solar Homes September in Dover, 9/25/2013
- Solar Homes October in Newark, 10/23
- Solar Homes November in Wilmington
- Free Solar Presentation! 1/22 at 7pm
- Flexera Gets A Perfect Score in an Independent Solar Audit!
Some of our projects:
Sept 2012: 6 kW in Smyrna
13 kW in Wilmington
2.45 kW in Wilmington
6.5 kW in Dover