The Delaware City Refinery has announced that it is postponing its proposed $1 billion expansion in favor of the dirtiest oil on earth, the Canadian tar sands.
"We support the right to a clean and healthful environment for all people"
At the Citizens Advisory Panel meeting on July 17, representatives from the Delaware City Refinery announced that they will defer their proposed $1 billion expansion. It is still unclear how long the expansion will be deferred, or the reasons behind this announcement.
An article in today's News Journal entitled "Refineries Search for New Life" (Aaron Nathans, July 1, 2012) reports that "Gov. Jack Markell pledged $45 million in state financial assistance, leading to $465 million in renovations to the plant. About 500 jobs were restored."
- Delaware Environmental Navigator (interactive map)
- EPA Envirofacts
- EPA Toxics Release Inventory, Release Reports
- Community Involvement Advisory Council
- EPA Region III Environmental Justice
- National Environmental Justice Advisory Council
Our Parner Organizations